While it is important to stay in touch with jobs that might be of interest to you on specific job sites, this is an information gathering task that is narrowly focused to one, or a few sites.
What if you want to know about something specific that might be talked about anywhere online?
Welcome to Google Alerts!
This simple tool lets you set up search criteria so you can keep track of the latest events about a given topic. For a job hunter, this is handy for the following:
- Staying up on the latest regarding people you are about to interview with (hiring managers, recruiters, etc.)
- Getting the news on the companies you are interested in working for.
- Technology updates in your field.
- Posts and/or news about people who are key thought leaders in your field.
- Whatever else you can think up that might be important!
Google Alerts - a great tool to give you real news that can help your job search